Communications & Administrative Pastor
At Teays Valley Church of God (TVCOG) we are committed to connecting the community to Christ. We do this through various outreach activities. At TVCOG, “You Matter Here” is a slogan that represents a core value which is that each person who walks through the doors of our church is seen, valued, and loved. Each staff member is an integral part of representing Jesus to the community and winning the lost for Christ. Our overarching goal is to make disciples of Jesus who then make disciples.
The Communications and Administrative Pastor shall be a full-time employee of TVCOG and will work with the staff to conduct the day-to-day activities that enable the staff and church to carry out its mission to win the lost to Christ. The Communications and Administrative Pastor is a core member of a productive, close-knit, and dedicated Christian staff.
The Communications and Administrative Pastor must be a highly organized team player who is able to stay focused and complete tasks in a fast-paced environment. They must be comfortable working independently, taking initiative, have an excellent working knowledge of common office systems and technology, and be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and be able to work on a Mac computer. Experience in Church Center and Canva or similar creative platforms is required.
- Must have experienced a call to full-time ministry
- Committed to a growing and dynamic relationship with Jesus
- Passionate about seeing the spiritually seeking/disengaged encounter Jesus and grow as His disciples
- Think strategically and able to execute in a timely fashion
- Able to create systems and processes
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Marketing expertise
- Working knowledge of communications platforms
- Well-versed in technology
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Must maintain confidentiality and possess a high level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Must maintain a positive witness both in-person and online.
- Must align theologically with TVCOG and its stand on social issues
- Oversee office staff and volunteers to ensure phones are answered, guests are greeted, and deliveries are received during the work week.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff/board members/volunteers and service departments as well as working with outside vendors for services and materials needed.
- Manage office supplies and equipment including IT components.
- Manage/Maintain church calendar including staff schedules and facility usage.
- Assist other pastors, ministry leaders, church members or community members as needed.
- Coordinate and train office volunteers.
- Ensure blue card information is compiled and prepared for a weekly staff report.
- Work in conjunction with Pastoral staff to assist those from our community in need by coordinating the payment of utilities, helping with groceries, directing people to local food pantries, and keeping the Ministerial Association Facebook page updated concerning the assistance we offer.
- Distribute and update Electronic Security key cards/keys.
- Assist the Treasurer weekly to count cash received.
- Keep records of salvations/baptisms/baby dedications, service contracts, vacation requests, deeds, etc. filed in the office.
- Carry the mission, vision, and values of TVCOG through each communication platform.
- Manage communication projects that reach 100% of the church. (Video and Print)
- Collaborate with other ministries.
- Work with senior leadership to streamline a strategic communication plan.
- Develop the weekly bulletin and distribute weekly pastoral email.
- Work with the Worship Pastor to support technology needs and personnel.
- Develop and disseminate the TVCOG brand and image to the community.
- Market all-church initiatives (sermon series, VBS, Easter, Outreaches, etc.)
- Develop creative strategies to reach the spiritually disengaged and curious.
- Manage vendors and contractors (print, signs, graphic design, etc.)
- Write and send press releases to the media.
- Develop videos to advertise the ministries of TVCOG and evangelize on social media.
Online Campus Ministry:
- Provide leadership for and oversight of online campus and live stream.
- Create a system for engagement with online viewers.
- Design a strategy for social media (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) to engage the spiritually disengaged and curious.
- Curate helpful and timely content across digital platforms (Website, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, mobile app).
- Grow our following, digital footprint and optimize TVCOG’S presence on all platforms.
Physical Expectations: While the work is often sedentary, office duties may occasionally require some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, moving/lifting tables and chairs, and carrying heavy boxes. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.