Using an acronym for “Gospel” I share six phrases with you that help us understand and explain the Gospel.
1. God created us to be with Him. (Genesis 1-2)
It has never been about a religion, but a relationship with God.
2. Our sin separates us from God. (Genesis 3) which means the relationship we were created to enjoy with God gets messed up.
3. Sins cannot be removed by good deeds. (Genesis 4 – Malachi 4)
Our good deeds, our best efforts, nothing we can do can fix the relationship problem we are born with.
4. Paying the price for sin, Jesus died and rose again. (Matthew – Luke)
When Jesus was on the cross He cried out, “It is Finished.” When He said that He meant that the payment for the sins of the world for all time had been made.
5. Everyone who trusts in Christ alone has eternal life. (John)
This is a Gospel for everyone, but notice the caveat. We must trust in Christ alone for salvation. Not only can we no place our trust in our good works, but we can’t mix our faith in Christ with faith in anything or anyone else for salvation.
“Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)
6. Life with Jesus starts now and lasts forever. (Acts – Revelation)
I might add that this life is a wonderful life. Jesus calls it “abundant life” or having “life to the full” in John 10:10. In other words, your best possible life is a life with Christ as your Lord and Savior. Starting your relationship with God today will make a difference in every one of your tomorrows. You won’t have to live life in your own wisdom, your own power, or your own strength. You will have the Person of Christ, His presence through the Holy Spirit, and His power at work in you each and every day. Everything Christ had at His disposal when He walked the earth becomes your as well.
The relationship you were created for and the life you have always wanted is
found inside a relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Gospel. Tell it so that others may accept God’s love and go free!
Teays Valley Church of God
6979 Teays Valley Rd
Scott Depot, WV 25560